Electric Pinch Valve: Working Principle, Applications, and Maintenance Tips
An electric pinch valve is a crucial component in many industrial applications. Its primary function is to regulate the flow of various materials, such as cement, silo, sand, mineral materials, limestone, clay, marl, sand, and slurry. This article will provide an in-depth explanation of the working principles, materials used, benefits, potential drawbacks, and best practices for maintenance of an electric pinch valve. Additionally, it will highlight key industries where these valves are commonly used.
Construction and Materials
Actuated pinch valve are made using durable, corrosion-resistant materials like aluminum alloy, cast iron, and stainless steel. The size of the valves ranges from 1/2″ to 12″ (15mm to 300mm), and they can handle varying pressure levels such as PN6 and PN10.
For proper flange accommodation, electric pinch valves are designed to work with:
- EN 1092 PN 6/PN10/PN16
- ASME Class 150
- AS 4087 PN 10/ PN 16
- JIS 5K/10K
The sealing ring is a crucial component of the pinch valve, and it is available in a variety of materials, including wear-resistant natural rubber, ethylene-propylene rubber, silicone, fluorine rubber, and chlorosulfonated polyethylene rubber.
The mechanism of an electric pinch valve involves the interaction between an electric actuator and a flexible rubber sleeve inside the valve. When the actuator is activated, it pinches the sleeve tightly, forcing it to close and preventing any flow of material. Upon deactivation, the sleeve reverts to its original open position, enabling material flow once again.
Benefits of Electric Pinch Valves over Other Options
- Smooth channel: The design of pinch valves ensures a smooth channel, reducing the chances of blockages and pressure loss.
- Wear resistance: The materials used provide excellent wear resistance, extending the lifespan of the valve.
- Corrosion resistance: Electric pinch valves are constructed from materials that offer outstanding resistance to various corrosive substances.
- Fatigue resistance: These valves are designed to withstand repeated use and maintain their performance over time.
- Low maintenance cost: The lining sleeve can be easily replaced, reducing overall maintenance expenses.
- No water hammer shock: The design of electric pinch valves minimizes the risk of water hammer shock, protecting other components in the system.
- Due to the specific design of the electric pinch valve, it might not be suitable for all types of applications, such as high-pressure or high-temperature systems.
- The initial cost of electric pinch valves may be higher compared to other valve types. However, their long-term benefits can lead to cost savings in maintenance and replacement over time.
Key Industries and Use Cases
Electric pinch valves are ideal for industries such as:
- Cement and concrete production
- Mining and mineral processing
- Wastewater treatment plants
- Chemical manufacturing
- Food and beverage processing
- Pharmaceutical production
Body: Aluminum alloy Cast Iron, Stainless Steel
Pressure: PN6 PN10
Size: 1/2″ -12″ (15mm – 300mm)
EN 1092 PN 6/PN10/PN16
ASME Class 150
AS 4087 PN 10/ PN 16
Body style: flange
The sealing ring :
wear-resistant natural rubber
food industry of high temperature resistant natural rubber
Ding Qing Nitrile three EPDM, /VITON/FPM Silicone
fluorine rubber chloroprene rubber /Neoprene
chlorosulfonated polyethylene rubber Hypalon/CSM butyl acrylate /Butyl and other materials such as other material needs please tips.
Applications: cement, silo, sand, mineral materials, limestone, clay, marl, sand, slurry
pinch valve is mainly the channel smooth, wear resistance, corrosion resistance and fatigue resistance, no pressure loss, no blockage, no leakage, water hammer shock, has good physical and chemical properties. Lining sleeve for ease of replacement, low maintenance cost.
Control: ON-OFF type、Regulation type
Control signal: 4-20 mADC、0-5 VDC、0-10 VDC
Power: 12 VDC,24 VAC,24 VDC,220 VAC,120 VAC,380 VAC 50/60 Hz ±10%
Explosion-proof actuator: Exd II CT5
- CE certification of most units
- Wiring directly to the terminal strip without interference from other components
- Simple and unique manual override handwheel system
- Lowest profile and lightest weight actuator on the market
- Simple finger or screwdriver adjustment of travel limit cams without interference from other components
- Highly visible valve status display on most units