Electric Pinch Valve: Working Principle, Applications, and Maintenance Tips
An electric pinch valve is a crucial component in many industrial applications. Its primary function is to regulate the flow of various materials, such as cement, silo, sand, mineral materials, limestone, clay, marl, sand, and slurry. This article will provide an in-depth explanation of the working principles, materials used, benefits, potential drawbacks, and best practices for maintenance of an electric pinch valve. Additionally, it will highlight key industries where these valves are commonly used.
Construction and Materials
Actuated pinch valve are made using durable, corrosion-resistant materials like aluminum alloy, cast iron, and stainless steel. The size of the valves ranges from 1/2″ to 12″ (15mm to 300mm), and they can handle varying pressure levels such as PN6 and PN10.
For proper flange accommodation, electric pinch valves are designed to work with:
- EN 1092 PN 6/PN10/PN16
- ASME Class 150
- AS 4087 PN 10/ PN 16
- JIS 5K/10K
The sealing ring is a crucial component of the pinch valve, and it is available in a variety of materials, including wear-resistant natural rubber, ethylene-propylene rubber, silicone, fluorine rubber, and chlorosulfonated polyethylene rubber.
The mechanism of an electric pinch valve involves the interaction between an electric actuator and a flexible rubber sleeve inside the valve. When the actuator is activated, it pinches the sleeve tightly, forcing it to close and preventing any flow of material. Upon deactivation, the sleeve reverts to its original open position, enabling material flow once again.
Benefits of Electric Pinch Valves over Other Options
- Smooth channel: The design of pinch valves ensures a smooth channel, reducing the chances of blockages and pressure loss.
- Wear resistance: The materials used provide excellent wear resistance, extending the lifespan of the valve.
- Corrosion resistance: Electric pinch valves are constructed from materials that offer outstanding resistance to various corrosive substances.
- Fatigue resistance: These valves are designed to withstand repeated use and maintain their performance over time.
- Low maintenance cost: The lining sleeve can be easily replaced, reducing overall maintenance expenses.
- No water hammer shock: The design of electric pinch valves minimizes the risk of water hammer shock, protecting other components in the system.
- Due to the specific design of the electric pinch valve, it might not be suitable for all types of applications, such as high-pressure or high-temperature systems.
- The initial cost of electric pinch valves may be higher compared to other valve types. However, their long-term benefits can lead to cost savings in maintenance and replacement over time.
Key Industries and Use Cases
Electric pinch valves are ideal for industries such as:
- Cement and concrete production
- Mining and mineral processing
- Wastewater treatment plants
- Chemical manufacturing
- Food and beverage processing
- Pharmaceutical production
Body: Our products are crafted with the highest quality materials, including aluminum alloy, cast iron, and stainless steel.
Pressure: Our products are designed to perform under various pressure specifications, including PN6 and PN10.
Size: We offer a wide range of sizes to accommodate different needs, ranging from 1/2″ to 12″ (15mm to 300mm).
Flange: Our products are compatible with flange standards such as EN, ANSI, DIN, and JIS.
Sealing Ring: Our products are equipped with a rubber inner liner for superior sealing capability.
Electric Actuator: Our offerings include both ON-OFF type and Regulation type electric actuators, providing flexibility for your specific requirements.
The sealing ring is composed of wear-resistant natural rubber, specifically designed to withstand high temperatures in the food industry. It also incorporates ethylene-propylene rubber, Ding Qing Nitrile, EPDM, VITON, FPM Silicone, silicone, fluorine rubber, chloroprene rubber, Neoprene, chlorosulfonated polyethylene rubber (Hypalon), CSM, butyl acrylate, and other materials. If you have any specific material requirements, please let us know.
Applications: cement, silo, sand, mineral materials, limestone, clay, marl, sand, slurry
The pinch valve is primarily designed with a smooth channel, exceptional wear resistance, as well as corrosion and fatigue resistance. It exhibits no pressure loss, blockage, or leakage, effectively avoiding water hammer shock. Moreover, this valve boasts favorable physical and chemical properties. The lining sleeve allows for easy replacement, resulting in reduced maintenance costs.
Control Type: ON-OFF/Regulation
Control Signal: 4-20 mADC/0-5 VDC/0-10 VDC
Power Options: 12 VDC, 24 VAC, 24 VDC, 220 VAC, 120 VAC, 380 VAC (50/60 Hz ±10%)
Water-proof Actuator: IP67
Explosion-proof Actuator: Exd II CT5
Water-proof Actuator: IP67
- The majority of units are CE certified, allowing for direct wiring to the terminal strip without any interference from other components.
- Our system features a simple and unique manual override handwheel system, making it easy to operate.
- In addition, our actuator boasts the lowest profile and lightest weight on the market.
- Our travel limit cams can be easily adjusted using either a finger or a screwdriver, without any interference from other components.
- Finally, most of our units come with a highly visible valve status display, ensuring easy monitoring.